February 24, 2024 (Afternoon)
Grades 10 through 12
Registration: $25 / $50
Registration Ends: 1/29/24
Due Date: January 29, 2024
- Performers must complete the application and submit the registration fee in order to perform.
- Click the “Register” button above for the application.
- Pay $25 or $50 Registration Fee Here: Submit Fee
- Performers must be Arizona residents.
- Performers must be in grades ten through twelve
- Early submission is advised. It is possible that all available slots for competitors may be filled before the end of the application submission period. Any performers who apply within the submission period for whom there is no slot will be placed on a waiting list. Entry fee will be returned if no slot becomes available.
- No application refunds will be given in the event of performer withdrawal.
Date & Time:
- The Competition will be held on Saturday, February 24 between 1 and 5pm.
- We ask families to please reserve the entire duration of the competition until performers receive their exact timeslot.
- The competition may begin earlier or later depending on the number of performers.
- Performers will be notified of their exact timeslot by February 7, 2023.
- Performers will be assigned an arrival time that is roughly 15 minutes before their scheduled warm-up time.
- All performers are in the same division.
- All performers will have a ten-minute warm-up time with their accompanist preceding their performance time.
- The competition will be held at Arizona Musicfest: 7950 E Thompson Peak Pkwy. Scottsdale, AZ 85255. (Map)
- Performers will receive an arrival time that is roughly 15 minutes before their scheduled warm-up time. Please plan to arrive no later than your assigned arrival time.
- Performers must perform two contrasting selections.
- Selections must represent different styles and periods from the standard classical repertoire or one standard classical repertoire selection and one selection from the Broadway repertoire.
- At least one selection must be in English.
- All selections must be performed in their original languages.
- All selections must be memorized.
- Both selections will be performed in the order of the performer’s choice.
- The maximum performance time is seven minutes.
- Performers must provide three total copies of their score(s): a published version and two photocopies.
- Scores should not have markings that would indicate the performer or teacher’s identities.
- Score(s) must have measures numbered and cuts marked (if any) so the judges can use them as a reference during the performance.
- Pieces for voice and piano must be performed with accompaniment.
- Performers may elect to provide their own accompanist OR use a Musicfest-engaged accompanist. Performers who elect to use a Musicfest-engaged accompanist:
- Must submit an additional $25 accompaniment fee.
- May not select their accompanist.
- Must submit one copy of their scores as a PDF at least three weeks before the competition date. Scores must be submitted in one of the two ways below. No other forms of submission will be accepted:
- Attached to the application.
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Will rehearse with their accompanist only during their assigned warm-up time on the day of the competition. Additional rehearsals may be arranged by the competitor with the accompanist but are not included in the $25 fee.
- Up to three prizes will be awarded at the end of the competition to performers who display the highest level of artistic excellence.
- First Prize: $450
- Second Prize: $350
- Third Prize: $200
- Awarded performers may be invited to perform in the Young Musicians Concert Series in the MIM Music Theater.
- Awarded performers may receive additional performance opportunities as they are announced.
- Judges: TBA
- Judges will stop performers if their performance exceeds the competition time limit. There is no penalty if a performer needs to be stopped for this reason.
- Judges may elect to award ‘Excellent’ and ‘Superior’ ratings to performers demonstrating high levels of artistry in their performances. Ratings will only be awarded with unanimous recommendation from the committee.
- Judges have the option to withhold prizes; their decisions are final.
- All performers will receive judges’ comments within a week of the adjudication date.
Questions? Email email@example.com
Community Room at Arizona Musicfest
7950 E Thompson Peak Pkwy
Scottsdale, AZ 85255
7950 E Thompson Peak Pkwy
7950 E Thompson Peak Pkwy, Scottsdale, AZ 85255, USA