Due Date: February 13, 2023
- Performers must complete the application and submit the registration fee in order to perform.
- Click the “Register” button above for the application.
- Pay $25 or $50 Registration Fee Here: Submit Fee
- Performers must be Arizona residents.
- Performers must be in grades ten through twelve
- Early submission is advised. It is possible that all available slots for competitors may be filled before the end of the application submission period. Any performers who apply within the submission period for whom there is no slot will be placed on a waiting list. Entry fee will be returned if no slot becomes available.
- No application refunds will be given in the event of performer withdrawal.
- Performers must perform two contrasting selections.
- Selections must represent different styles and periods from the standard classical repertoire or one standard classical repertoire selection and one selection from the Broadway repertoire.
- At least one selection must be in English.
- All selections must be performed in their original languages.
- Both selections will be performed in the order of the performer’s choice.
- Maximum performance time is seven minutes.
- All selections must be memorized.
- Performers must provide a printed (published) version and two photocopies of the piece(s) they will perform. The scores must have measures numbered and cuts marked (if any) as the judges may use them as reference during the performance. All music will be returned directly after the performance.
- Pieces for voice and piano must be performed with accompaniment.
- Performers may elect to provide their own accompanist OR use a Musicfest-engaged accompanist. Performers who elect to use a Musicfest-engaged accompanist:
- Must submit an additional $25 accompaniment fee.
- May not select their accompanist.
- Must submit one copy of their scores as a PDF at least three weeks before the competition date. Scores must be submitted in one of the two ways below. No other forms of submission will be accepted:
- Attached to the application
- Emailed to email@example.com
- Will rehearse with their accompanist only during their assigned warm-up time on the day of the competition. Additional rehearsals may be arranged by the competitor with the accompanist, but are not included in the $25 fee.
- All performers are in the same division
- All performers will have a ten-minute warm-up time with their accompanist preceding their performance time.
- The competition will be held in the Gathering Place at La Casa de Cristo Lutheran Church: 6300 E Bell Rd, Scottsdale, AZ 85254
- Performers will receive an arrival time that is roughly 15 minutes before their scheduled warm-up time. Please plan to arrive no later than your assigned arrival time
- Adjudication Panel: TBA
- Judges will stop performers if their performance exceeds the competition time limit. There is no penalty if a performer needs to be stopped for this reason.
- Up to three prizes are awarded at the end of the competition to performers who display the highest level of artistic excellence.
- First Prize: $450
- Second Prize: $350
- Third Prize: $200
- Judges may elect to award ‘Excellent’ and ‘Superior’ ratings to performers demonstrating high levels of artistry in their performances. Ratings will only be awarded with unanimous recommendation from the committee.
- Judges have the option to withhold prizes; their decisions are final.
- All performers will receive judges’ comments within a week of the adjudication date.
- Prize winners may be asked to perform at Young Musicians Concerts in the MIM Music Theater.
- Arizona Musicfest may offer other performance opportunities to performers.
Print This InformationPay Registration Fee
Questions? Contact Ben Baer, Director of Education, Youth Performance, and Community Programming at 480-422-8431 or firstname.lastname@example.org